Nove Hrady in South Bohemia, Czech Republic is taking part in our free Passport scheme. Each Newcastle city has carefully selected a series of special offers just for visitors. Read on for details of these offers then SIGN UP FOR YOUR PASSPORT.
Exclusive Passport Offers
We have arranged the following exclusive offers with participating local businesses and tourist attractions. To access these offers you must provide ID and a bill that shows your own home address, to demonstrate you are a Newcastle resident.
Follow the links for more information.
- Free guided tour with the mayor in English, French, German, and Croatian.
- Galerie “Koželužna“: the local gallery of arts in the former tannery: free entrance
- Nove Hrady Town museum and outdoor border museum: free entrance
- Novohradska Forge, the historic but still active forge: 50% discount on entrance fee and an option to get your hands dirty with forging.
- Sports Association Nove Hrady: rent of a tennis court for free.
- Coffee house Kousek, with an excellent choice of coffees, home-made cakes, sweets, and ice-creams: 10% on selected coffee beverages
- Rent of e-bike: 50$ discount
Top 5 Attractions
- The 13th century New Castle, actually locally called Old Castle (Stary Hrad). What we call the ‘New Castle’ is our early 1800 Buquoy palace in Windsor style.
- The Novohradska Forge, a historic but still functional, active blacksmith workshop with living quarters.
- The protected historic town centre with many examples of a new use for old buildings, including the historic apothecary, former Buquoy residence, monastery and church.
- Novohradska Museum: the local town museum and its outdoor border museum.
- Buqouy Tomb: the pseudo-gothic style early 1900 Buquoy family tomb.
- Theresa Valley: we would like to give you a discount, but its already for free. It is a landscape park in the valley of the Strobnitz river below Nove Hrady. It was created in 1756 and restyled as romanticism a century later. Since 1949, the park is a national natural monument.
BEWARE, there are TWO Nove Hrady’s in the Czech Republic. Our Nove Hrady is in South Bohemia, equidistant from Prague and Vienna, on the Czech-Austrian border. The historic town is small but offers a high-quality visitor’s experience. There are numerous accommodation facilities from camping grounds and local B&Bs or apartments to the four-star Wellness Hotel Rezidence with full Wellness-Spa facilities.
The UNESCO World Heritage Town of Cesky Krumlov and visitors centre Ceske Budejovice (of the Budvar Beers) and Trebon are within easy driving distance for day trips.
If you have any queries about these offers or passport in general please contact:
Name: Robert Dulfer