The Newcastles Passport scheme promotes tourism and friendship between Newcastles around the world. Each Newcastle taking part has carefully selected a series of special offers just for visitors from other Newcastles. These could be a customised programme if the visitor has any special interests – places to visit or people to meet, or special discounts from local businesses.
Visitors get in touch with us for a free ‘Passport’ then we’ll help coordinate a trip with the Newcastle they wish to visit. Each Newcastle is committed to offering a personalised touch, with a warm and friendly welcome to anyone living or from an affiliated Newcastle.
Exclusive offers include:
- Invite to a tea-making ceremony in Shinshiro, Japan
- Meet the Mayor of Neuburg, Germany
- Free chocolate gifts from Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Guided Amish tours of New Castle, Pennsylvania
- Afternoon tea with members of the Elders Council in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Free entry into Rabati castle in Akhaltsikhe, Georgia
- Become a real medieval hero in a romantic seventh century-old castle in Jaunpils, Latvia
- Get a VIP trip around a gothic church and local landmark in Nyborg, Denmark
- Free admission to the City Museum in Herceg Novi, Montenegro
The latest promotions are shown on each Newcastle page taking part in the Passport scheme, follow links above or the map links below.
WHICH NEWCASTLES ARE TAKING PART?
All the Newcastles involved are highlighted on the map below. Just click on the red pin and follow the link to each page to find out what special offers are on.
HOW DO I START MY PASSPORT TRIP?
To organise your Passport trip please email Zelie Guerin at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of which Newcastle you are from and where you plan to visit.
Due to travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic, many places are closed to international travel. Therefore it is important to check and understand local restrictions on whether you are able to travel to your planned destination.
*Please note these special offers are only open to visitors to each Newcastle and are not available to residents of those cities. Thanks for your co-operation.